BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pregnancy Must-Haves (2nd Trimester)

Hi, friends! I've read tons of great posts lately on must-haves during pregnancy and they've really helped me out during this new and exciting, but also challenging, stage of life. I spent the first 18 weeks of pregnancy extremely under the weather, so I'm picking up around the beginning of the second trimester. The first four months I mostly just needed a toilet and some Saltines...not too blog-worthy. I hope this list will help some of you future mommys-to-be!


a stack of good (girly) reads:
Let's face it...there's a lot of lounging around involved in pregnancy. While this trimester has been much easier on my body, I'm still doing my best to ensure that both Baby and I get adequate R&R.

Creightons Your Body Stretch Mark Cream:
This stuff has been my best friend for the past twenty-something weeks. While I have a feeling it's not a miracle worker, it feels great on my skin and gives peace of mind.
Yardley London Oatmeal & Almond Bath Bars:
I had never used these until about two months ago and now I'm 100% addicted. The Oatmeal & Almond is my favorite, for both texture and scent; I feel like I'm giving my body such a treat every time I take a shower. Plus, each bar is only 97 cents and can be found at most drug stores. Can't beat that!

a good dry erase calendar:
This may seem like something every woman should own and use, but it's been especially helpful for my "pregnancy brain" that seems to forget all kinds of important things. With doctors appointments jumping up all over the place and all kinds of planning going on, this calendar has been a lifesaver.
chocolate milk:
I drink this stuff like it's going out of style. Seriously, at least 3-4 glasses a day. I think Baby loves it!
Fresca:
When I need a "soda" fix, this is what I turn to. With no caffeine or sugar, I feel okay treating myself to this yummy drink.
Chocolate Cheerios:
This has been my absolute go-to cereal. I tried and tried to get on something healthier, but this is what Tiny seems to prefer. I tried converting to Total at one point, and it came right back up three days in a row. Tiny hates Total.
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (brown):
I have loved brown rice throughout this pregnancy. These cups are so easy and convenient (just pop it in the microwave for one minute and it's done), they're perfect for anytime I need a quick snack.


 over-sized body pillow:
I definitely saved the best for last, folks. Zach and I were in Sam's Club (of all places) a few months ago when I spotted this bad boy and had to have him. He's so wonderfully soft and cozy to sleep with; it's made sleeping much more pleasant the last few weeks. I did some research on pregnancy pillows early on and found that most of them seemed too expensive for their short-term usage. This one, however, was only $13. Thanks, Sam's!

Do any of you mommys have other recommendations? What helped get you through pregnancy?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. You are always so encouraging. It is nice to see you so happy about being pregnant:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I love this! Thank you SO much for sharing! The queasies have hit and I am sitting here asking Steve what I should eat. Seven wks hit yesterday and the past week has been a whole new experience for me. Fresca is awesome. I have been drinking tons of water but just recently feel sick if I have only had water the whole day.
    And brown rice sounds so good right now!
    Thank you for all you share, beautiful mama!
    Have a relaxing night.
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the body pillow. I really wanted the Snoogle but it was WAY too expensive. The body pillow is doing just fine and for $10, you can't beat it.

    I need to try those cheerios!! Now I have a craving for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wall planner is such a great idea which I need to try as I also suffer from pregnancy brain! I have actually been using extra virgin coconut oil on my belly but I guess its too soon to see if it prevents stretch marks.
    That pillow is just what I need and think I might have look for one similar for when this bump of mine gets bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!