BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Friday, February 3, 2012

Honeymoon: Venice

Hi friends! I recapped the first two parts of our honeymoon here and here and am excited to share with you the third, and best, part of our adventure: Venice.

After another relaxing train ride, we arrived in Venice with three days of excitement left. Repeating our gusto from the previous two cities, we hit the ground (or this time, canal) running. Venice was like a dream. Have I already used that expression? Okay, Venice was not like a dream; Venice WAS a dream. We fell in love with the city's vibrant colors, warm energy, and unique charm. Each building seemed a work of art, reflecting its beauty in the canal below. The scenery was magical at first sight, evoking the feeling of entering a real-life fairy tale. I kept telling Zach, "I feel like we are on the It's a Small World ride at Disneyland"! Let us tell you first hand, it is easy to get lost in a city of more than one hundred islands united by over four hundred bridges and waterways. It's well worth the many detours though; Venice is an artistic and architectural masterpiece filled with palaces from the Renaissance and the Gothic and Byzantine periods. During our stay, we visited the Piazza San Marco, Rialto Bridge, Basilica of San Marco, and cruised around the Grand Canal by water taxi. I think Arthur Symons got it right when he said, "A realist, in Venice, would become a romantic by mere faithfulness to what he saw before him."
arriving in the magical city of Venezia

gelato all day, every day my friends
view of the Grand Canal
walked the soles off our shoes...literally.
my little map boy
Zach thought the doorbells looked like faces...

Thanks for sticking with this lengthy post! Have you ever been to Italy? If so, what was your favorite of the places you visited?

14 comments:

  1. I love Venice! It is magical! The first day we were there it POURED. Thankfully the second day was much nicer so we were able to get lost in the little alleys and explore all of the little shops. Such fun! Your post makes me want to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been but hope to one day soon go. These are fabulous pictures thanks so so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures! and you are SO cute! I love your striped shorts and hat! have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are swoon worthy, I want to go sooooo sooo sooooooooo bad!
    PS - I <3 BBQ, is quite possibly the funniest shirt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I die...I've wanted to go to Venice ever since I can remember. I take that back...Italy in general! I love the pictures and the way you speak of it...makes me want to go there even more! You all are a beautiful couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look like faces! Please stop posting yummy gelato pics! It's making me jealous ;) Btw you have such cute style!!! Looks like you two had a blast, It's time for me to put up my honeymoon pics..I have lots of blogging to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love every single picture! looks like such a wonderful honeymoon! and you are so cute! i love your clothing style!

    have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO jealous. I wish I were there right now, looks gorgeous! Oh, and you're clothes are just the cutest. Every time I saw a new outfit while scrolling down I kept thinking "oh how cute is that... oh I need that dress.. etc."! lol :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are actually in the middle of PCSing back to Italy for the second time this week. My hubby and I have always loved Venice for its obvious charm, but I think Capri & Cinque Terra have to be personal faves of mine. The colors of the water there remind me of home. It looks like you had an amazing trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like an amazing trip!! I want to visit there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Venice is fantastic!! It was so wondering looking at your pictures and remembering, I have some of almost the exact same pics at home. Makes me want to go back!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWOWOW!! LOVE the photos...LOVE the looks of Venice...LOVE your amazing outifts...LOVE that you ate gelato all day, every day...
    and I've been meaning to write you that Steve would love zach's "I love bbq" shirt! :)

    thank you again for sharing <3

    have a sweet monday!!
    xoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!