BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Honeymoon: Florence

Hi y'all! I'm back with another Italy recap...part one here. We traveled by train to Florence and spent three days roaming the city. The best I can sum it up:

The train ride itself was magnificent; gorgeous views of the Italian countryside seemed surreal. Without a doubt, the kind of things only dreams are made of. As I read "Under the Tuscan Sun" during the trek, I kept looking out and thinking the words were somehow seeping through the windows and painting a canvas of depiction through the glass. It was perfection. We were charmed the minute we arrived in Florence, easily finding our hotel and grabbing lunch at a quaint cafe on a quiet, yet picturesque, street. Our lovely friend Whitney Cypert (her blog here!) had previously advised us to visit the Ponte Vecchio, a Medieval bridge over the Arno River. Lined with one-of-a-kind jewelry shops and tempting gelato cafes, we found ourselves frequenting the Ponte Vecchio numerous times during our Florence stay. We went on a tour that took us high above the city of Florence to Fiesole, a scenic town in the hills with Etruscan roots, Roman ruins, and breathtaking views of the city. Zach tried to tell me George Clooney's house was on the hillside and got me all excited; I googled it when we got back home and was slightly crushed. He lied. We spent the rest of our time roaming the city, getting lost in the San Lorenzo Market, and eating as much gelato as our stomachs could handle.


train ride beauty
view of the Arno River
a little espresso pick-me-up
taken from the Ponte Vecchio Bridge
We forgot that Pinocchio was Italian!
Duomo
om nom nom nom.
 .................
interesting options...Smarties McFlurry anyone?
Our tour took us high above the city...the views were absolutely breathtaking.
 Michelangelo's childhood home
All geared up for a museum tour....half-way through we realized we aren't "museum people". We bailed. And got gelato instead. When in Rome, right? (or Florence...or Venice....)
If you look closely you'll see the Louis Vuitton sign :)
showing off the new band
 My husband goes to Italy (ITALY!) and orders steak and potatoes. The sign of a true Texan.
 Ready to take the train to Venice!

Sorry for the mass amount of pictures; it was such a wonderful trip and there's so much I want to share. Have a great Saturday friends! Ciao, bella!

14 comments:

  1. looks like such an amazing trip! WOW, i would love to visit Italy!

    loved all your outfits too ... you are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look like you had to much fun :) The pictures are beautiful!!!!!! and I love all your dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! How long have u been married?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! And again, YUM-O for gelato!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are seriously the CUTEST thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohmyheavens. I am SO jealous! I haven't been to Florence since I was 14--and my husband {cv} has never been! we only got one night in Italy on our honeymoon, though it was courtesy of the volcano in 2010, so I won't complain ;) so thrilled to have found your blog! I love newlywed adventures :) xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah!! i don't know what to comment on first!! your train ride sounds breathtaking, romantic and so peaceful. take me away! lol
    i love that you take so many photos! there's NO such thing as too many photos!! :)
    that gelato is callin' my name!! yum!
    again, your dresses are gorgeous!! i love those shorts too.
    and your ring...BEAUTIFUL!

    everything about this post is awesome! you and zach are such a sweet couple and look like you know how to have fun!!

    happy almost sunday <3
    xoxoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks absolutely amazing! Again, so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got around to reading this today... it looks SO fun and beautiful! Except I did say out loud to Brian "EW. Who would eat a Smarties McFlurry??". :) Hope you're having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg hun your honeymoon pictures just keep getting better and better! :)
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey thanks for mentioning me! : ) I am so glad y'all loved Florence. I can not wait to go back one day! And OMGGGGG looking at that gelato is torture. I want some now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I "tagged" you (although Faith did too, ha!), check it out!

    http://everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-was-tagged-are-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Florence is on my bucket list. I want to go so badly. This only makes that desire stronger. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pictures are absolutely stunning! And all your outfits are so cute, you’re so fashionable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!