BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Monday, December 12, 2011

Our First Christmas Card

I really get into Christmas cards. Back in college, I bought el cheapos at Dollar Tree the minute they hit the shelves (in early November), filled them out, and anxiously waited until December 1st to drop them in the mail. You get it; no-one wants to be the first overachiever of the season. But alas, here I am again. We've had these since November, patiently (or not so patiently) stalling to send them out. Last Thursday I took the plunge. Feeling so much better now. ps- Sorry these pictures are so dark! Still figuring out the new camera. I love it but it doesn't much like me.
Please excuse my weak attempt at covering up addresses....
Michaels had stamp sets on sale for $4.99 (ten stamps, two ink pads, AND two glitter pens!) at the end of November, so I snatched one up and used the stamps on the seal of our envelopes.
Yes, we are not "wishing", but rather "wising" you festive love and holiday kisses. If I hadn't mentioned it, bet you would've been none the wiser. Pun totally intended.

We also filled out cards to send to the troops this year, which is quickly becoming a tradition that we value very much. They are done collecting for Christmas '11, but any you send here between now and the end of next November will be sent for Christmas 2012. Please, please take part in this amazing operation. Our heroes deserve love and appreciation at Christmastime and all year through.

13 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! And it's great that you send cards to the troops. I have a few family members who are in the military and sometimes very far away from family and I know they appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such sweet cards! love them! we never do cool Christmas cards .. just the boring ones ... hmm, maybe next year we'll switch it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I am still kicking myself that we didn't send cards last year (our first being married). Oh well.

    We got married the same weekend (but a year a part!) We got married on June 26, 2010. Great weekend to get hitched!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! And you're right Casey...definitely a good weekend to be hitched :). We share the same anniverary as my grandparents too, which makes it all the more special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I am following back from Cachey Mama's Classroom. Love your blog, your recipes look soooo yummy! Reminds me that I need to get some baking done for Christmas :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Brittany! What a beautiful Christmas card, and you are right, I was none the "wiser" :)! I do love sending Christmas cards, although these days I am slow at it(5 kids later)! So happy you came by, I am your newest follower, your blog is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brittany, these are soooo cute! I love the saying on them. And I did not see the typo until you pointed it out, but either way they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi brittany! :)
    thanks so much for stopping by! beautiful blog! i love your header and your photos!!
    and i am cracking up that you use the phrase "el cheapo" too!! i use it everyday!
    you and your husband are a beautiful pair.

    love your christmas cards!!
    merry tuesday <3
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect Christmas card..lucky you. Thank you for thinking of our troops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, These are just too cute! They really turned out wonderfully adorable! I need to start sending out cute Christmas cards, maybe next year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so cute!!!! LOVE THEM. Can I blog about how cute they are??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you sweet ladies! Yes, of course Sally!! I ordered them off zazzle.com so the deserve the credit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are super sweet and you are correct I would not have noticed the misspelling if you hadn't mentioned it! Thanks for visiting my blog and I'm a new follower of yours as well now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!