BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Katy's Birthday

Happy birthday to our beautiful sister Katy! She turns the big 1-9 today and we had a little early celebration for her this past weekend. Here are a few pictures of the fun:

still unpacking kitchen stuff=buying a cookie cake
A very wimpy fireplace....we will have it looking pretty soon, I promise. And don't worry, we finally moved our tv to the stand so it's not just chillin' on our mantel.
simple banner made from foam sheets, ribbon, tape, and a Sharpie
Story time: Zach informed me (much to my dismay) that I was not allowed to put up our Christmas tree until ALL boxes had been unpacked and the house was in order. Knowing this would take weeks, I was not a happy (or patient) camper. Suddenly this is what I saw when I looked at my husband:
When Katy and Caleb arrived Friday evening, my original plan was to ask them to help me unpack a few boxes, maybe haul some heavy stuff upstairs...basically do something that would make Zach pleased with our productiveness. However, a few minutes after they walked in the door it hit me: we're puttin' the tree up. And that's just what we did. Wanna know the best part? Zach wasn't even mad. Eat your heart out, Christmas Spirit.
Zach and Katy named this room the "Thanksgiving Room". That fruit border around the center of the wall just wasn't doing it for us. That's why we are in the process of giving this room a much needed make-over...coming soon for you to see!
Saturday afternoon Zach took us to Crabdaddy's, a one-of-a-kind seafood joint.
Zach's dad has a thing for oysters.
We couldn't resist a photo-op on the giant crab outside the restaurant.
Cookie cake time for the birthday girl! And yes, that's a tealight on the cake, compliments of Zach Fullwood. Apparently our candles got lost in the move.
 My sweet little Grinch
 That hat looked so cute on her!
 Apparently I should've bought a couple more....
We are so thankful we got to spend the weekend with Zach's family; I'm not sure I've ever laughed so much in a few short days. And for our sweet sister....We hope this birthday is every bit as fabulous as you are. We are so proud of you and are constantly inspired by your zest for life and heart of gold. Love you Katy Bliss!

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha Oh Scotty and Zach! They look pretty darn good in the vintage hat and scarf. I'm glad y'all had so much fun! I love seeing the inside of your house through these pics : )

    Ps. I liked your plank on the big crab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your new house revealed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM..nothing better than a good cookie "cake"! Looks like you guys had fun :)

    Thanks for stopping by on the Mingle WIth Us hop. I'm now following you back!

    Jamie
    http://makingmamahappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!