BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Halloween in August

My favorite holiday has always been Christmas. This becomes apparent every year around July when I start listening to the Bing Crosby White Christmas album and burning Christmasy scents (my favorite is Target's Essential Homes Warm Gingerbread. I just wanna eat it....wax and all). My husband, on the other hand, loves Halloween. Though I don't share his enthusiasm for this excuse to play pranks on people and scare them half to death, I am always down to trick-or-treat. Halloween sweets rank pretty high on the list of holiday treats, right behind Christmas of course (which follows shortly behind Easter. Cadbury Eggs simply cannot be beat). In honor of my husband, I attempted caramel apples and though they didn't turn out as pretty as the ones at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, they still did the trick. If you too would like to prematurely celebrate All Hallows Eve by making these goodies, follow the simple steps below:

1. Get 5 granny smith apples, wash them, put sticks through core (we used regular wooden skewers and cut them down with needle-nose pliers)
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt one 14 oz. package of Kraft Caramels. Stir until all pieces have melted
3. Dip apples into caramel and set on wax paper to dry for a few minutes before dipping into pecans or any other topping of choice (we also used Reeses Pieces)
4. Transfer apples to a plate and keep them in refrigerator until ready to eat
5. Enjoy!


Yes, the stores already have candy corn on the shelves...God bless them.
 He didn't want his picture taken...
 but he's too cute not to photograph.
because I can't resist the oldies....
 I love that little mouse!

3 comments:

Thank you for leaving some love!